Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Creative sensations.

Omg. I love my job. I love it. I don't know what I would be doing if I couldn't work with kids. Even better, I love that I get the luxury of working with different ages; from pre-k to 7th grade. And I love that it's a smaller school.

Every month at work we have different themes. So all our art projects and activities involve whatever it is. (Ex: Medieval, Dinosaurs, Going Green, International.) Since today is February 1st, we started our new theme, Creative Sensations. So this month we're going all out with art. I love the art thing. I think it's great. I was all psyched for it. Until we started today's project.

The kids love painting. I honestly hate them using paint. They get it everywhere. I mean, it's okay to be messy. But when they wind up with paint on the floors, on the chairs, on the windows, and on the rug (really?) it's a whole different story. But today we painted. The art project was really fun and they had a great time doing it. I love when they all really get into their activities. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

The whole thing today was called "Blotto." It's pretty much taking paint and putting it on the paper and folding the paper to make different designs. So. Much. Fun. I swear the kids made 5-10 pictures each. They're currently lying all over the floor, awaiting their time to be hung up.

Cleanup was a disaster, though. Two of us were cleaning and it took almost an hour to get all the paint up. It was worth it, though. The whole building smelled like tempera paint. It was nice. I like the smell. (SN: Cleaning paintbrushes sucks.)

So after work I had a couple of errands to run. I stopped at the grocery store and then went to the library. I noticed people were looking at me strangely. When I got home, I looked in the mirror, I saw what people were looking at. I had paint on my shirt, my pants, in my hair, and on my face. (Later, after removing my jacket, I noticed paint on my arms.) And, on top of the paint splatters, I had a gnarly looking black eye. Because I got hit in the eye with a basketball earlier in the day. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment