Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wedding deets.

I mentioned last time I blogged (I suck at that, btw) that I was gonna discuss my wedding plans and such. I'm still working out some most of them, but I love talking about what I've gots going on so far.

Okay. So location- done. My insanely small town. At the gazebo, next to the river. It's pretty. Reception will be at the park next to the river. Done and done.

Wedding party- done. My bestie is going to be my matron of honor. My fiance's dad will be his best man. That's all we're having. Simple.

Dresses- so completely NOT done. I don't even want to think about wedding dresses anymore. If Old Navy made a wedding dress, I'd be super psyched. Alas, they don't and so I am screwed.

Remember, people, I'm a big girl with big girl curves. So these tiny sample wedding dresses aren't happening. I hate when I go to wedding boutiques and they give me attitude for not being a size 2. I swear I'm just going to make my own dress. Nevermind that I've never sewn before. I'm going to do it. It's a simple wedding, I just need a simple dress. Not so hard.

I did, in my attempts at trying on wedding dresses, discover that I am obsessed with veils. Long veils, short veils, catherdral length veils, I love them all. I can't wait to wear my veil on my wedding day. Now if only dress shopping was as easy as veil shoppping....

You know what else makes me sick? Well, not really sick. My bestie, who's been my bestie for 20 years, could be a freaking supermodel. You know, if they had supermodels who were 5'3. I made her try on dresses one day (after I broke down crying while dress shopping... Story later.) and they looked phenomenal on her. It's not fair! I'm the bride. I should look better. Oh well.

Ok. So story about crying while wedding dress shopping. I'm sure it's not uncommon. I didn't cry because of the dresses or anything. It was the first boutique my bestie and I went to. The first time I looked at dresses in person instead of online. And the salesladies (yes, ladies... I was so important there were 2 salesladies) were putting the pressure on me to find a dress. Just find a dress. And my friend was pressuring me to just try on a dress. And I was thinking about how big this is, getting married. And how my entire life is going to change. Not just my name, but everything. Because once we're hitched, I'm moving 3000 miles across the country to be with him. And I started crying. It sucked.

Yes, peoples. That's right. I'm planning this wedding wih my fiance 3000 miles away. So pretty much the bestie is helping me. And I'm also planning a trip to visit my fiance AND trying to start organizing things to move across the country. On top of work and all that. Luckily, there are only 28 school days left til my summer vacay. I love being a teacher and getting summers off.

I'm all over the place tonight. I'm gonna stop before I scare someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment