Monday, March 5, 2012

My Top 10 Fuck You Breakup Songs

I'm going through a breakup. And usually I'm the girl who wallows (and trust me, I have a list of wallowing songs as well,) but this time he treated me badly and I just want to say "fuck you" to him. I loved him very much, but he used me and was an asshole to me. So this is my fuck you to him. I ♥ these songs.

10. "Rolling In The Deep"- Adele. How can you have a list of breakup songs and not include Adele on it? She's the new poster girl for breakups. I love this song. Funny story, when it first came out, I hated it. I had a toothache and her voice made my tooth hurt very badly. But, after I got my wisdom tooth out, I learned to love this song. My favorite line in this song is, "See how I'll leave, with every piece of you/ Don't underestimate the things that I will do." Go on, Adele.

9. "Irreplaceable"- Beyonce. Usually I'm not a fan of Beyonce. I know, I know. But it's true. But this song, damn. She's got it going
on. In the song, she's kicking her man out on his ass 'cause he's cheating on her. And she won't stand for it. She makes him leave
anything she bought. She tells him "Don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable." My favorite line in the song? "So
since I’m not your everything/ How about I’ll be nothing, nothing at all to you/ Baby I won’t shed a tear for you, I won’t lose a wink of
sleep/ ‘Cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so easy."

8. "Fighter"- Christina Aguilera. Okay, I know this song is older. But I love it. It will always help me through a breakup. Pretty much
the song is about Christina Aguilera's ex, who stole money from her. I can't really remember the details. But it's a good song. She
says she thought she knew the guy and he was true to her, but he was lying and his greed sold him out. Then she says he probably
thinks she resents him and all she really wants is to thank him. I love that the song isn't about crying or being heartbroken, but using
that to make yourself a stronger person, a fighter. The chorus is the best in this song, "Makes me that much stronger/ Makes me
work a little bit harder/ It makes me that much wiser/ So thanks for making me a fighter/ Made me learn a little bit faster/ Made my
skin a little bit thicker/ Makes me that much smarter/ So thanks for making me a fighter."

7. "Gives You Hell"- All American Rejects. Another great song. It's about the lead singer of AAR and his ex girlfriend. Rumor is that she
wanted him to settle down (hence the "Where's your picket fence, love/ And where's that shiny car/ And did it ever get you far" line).
He wanted to go forward with his music career. And it's a damn good thing he did. Best line to me is, "Truth be told I miss you/ And
truth be told I'm lying." Yeah, fuck you.

6. "Fuck You"- Cee Lo Green. How can you have a list of fuck you songs and not include "Fuck You"? This song is about a guy who's
girlfriend leaves for another guy with more money. He's telling her and her new boyfriend, "fuck you." My favorite line in the song is
simple. "I pity the fool that falls in love with you." Ouch.

5. "A Friendly Goodbye"- Bowling For Soup. I included this song in my list of "fuck you" songs because Bowling For Soup (BFS) is my
favorite band and they're, in my opinion, sadly underrated. This song is an upbeat, catchy song. From the title, you would assume
that it's friendly. You'd assume wrong. It's about a breakup, obviously. The guy's girlfriend didn't like it when he swore, so he says to
her, "Ain't that a 'b' with an itch/ Ain't that a mother trucker/ You can go to h-e-double hockey sticks/ And f yourself/ Cause I'm
flippin' gosh darn sick/ Of all the 's' word you put me through/ So f-u/ F-u." I think my favorite line is "And I really don't have anything
else nice to say/ So f-u/ F-u." Great, great song.

4. "Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back)/FURB" mashup- Eamon and Frankee. Eamon's "Fuck It" came out in 2003. It's a song about a guy
who gets cheated on by his girlfriend. Instead of getting emotional and sad, he says he doesn't want her back. Best line in the song?
The chorus. "Fuck what I said it don't mean shit now/ Fuck the presents might as well throw 'em out/ Fuck all those kisses, they
didn't mean jack/ Fuck you, you ho, I don't want you back." Of course, the backlash of the song was enormous. So Frankee (who
claimed to be Eamon's ex) decided to write a response song from the perspective of the girl. The chorus to "FURB" is, "Fuck what I
did, was your fault somehow/ Fuck the presents, I threw all that shit out/ Fuck all the cryin' it didn't mean jack/ Well, guess what yo,
fuck you right back."

3. "Mean"- Taylor Swift. Now I know just hearing the name Taylor Swift, you would not think of a fuck you song. But this song is
mean, like the title said. The song is about a guy who is mean. So Ms. Swift decides to call him out on his meanness and his life. So
she tells him he has a voice like nails on a chalkboard and tells wild-fire lies and humiliates people. She then turns the song around to
him, saying he probably got pushed around and someone made him cold. Then she says she's not going down the same road and that
someday she'll be living in a big city, but all the guy ever will be is mean. Then Taylor Swift looks to the future and says he'll be the
same way he is now, washed up and ranting, but no one will listen. The best line in the song, to me, is, "All you are is mean. And a
liar. And pathetic. And alone in life. And mean." Geez, Taylor Swift, you really think he's mean?

2. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)- Kelly Clarkson. I know she's probably most known for American Idol (season 1 winner) or that
song "Breakaway" (remember when that was overplayed on the radio?), but this is probably one of my favorites by her. Pretty much
the song is about a girl who gets treated badly by her guy. And she leaves him. Just like that. This is one song where there's
numerous great lines. One is, "Think you left me broken down/ Think you had the last laugh/ Think that I'd come running back/ Baby,
you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong." And then the chorus is phenomenal. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/ Stand
a little taller/ Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone/ What doesn't kill you makes a fighter/ Footsteps even lighter/ Doesn't mean I'm
over cause you're gone." Love it. Exactly. Just because you're single doesn't necessarily mean you're lonely. Thank you, Kelly
Clarkson. Another good line? "You know in the end the day I left was just my beginning... in the end..."

1. "I Will Survive"- Gloria Gaynor. Of course this song is number one. There is nothing more "fuck you" empowering than this song.
She lays that guy out. I love it. And, because this song is number one, here's the whole song.
First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up high
and you see me
somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person
still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in
and just expect me to be free
now I'm saving all my loving
for someone who's loving me



I hope you guys enjoy my list. Let me know if there's any songs you think I should add to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment